Are you tired of cavities and want to repair your tooth instead of pulling it outside? Do you want to get rid of the pain that you suffer while removing your decayed tooth? If your answer is yes, then you may continue reading this article. We will discuss the solutions for all these problems in this article. Let’s see,
Table of Contents
What is root canal treatment?
Root canal treatment is otherwise known as endodontic treatment, in which the damaged pulp and the nerve of the affected tooth are removed, cleaned, and then sealed inside the mouth.
The main idea for having root canal treatment or endodontic treatment is to save the decayed tooth from being removed.
Structure of the Tooth:
There are four layers inside our teeth.
The first three layers of the teeth are rough, and the fourth one is the soft layer.
When should we take root canal treatment?
We should take root canal treatment on the following occasions.
- Deep decay
- Multiple dental therapies on the same tooth
- A teeth injury
- Crack in the tooth
Why is it necessary to have a root canal treatment?
- It is essential to have an endodontic treatment or root canal treatment when the inside of your tooth (the pulp) gets infected in case of repeated dental procedures, deep decay, and a crack or chip in the tooth.
- When the dental x- rays show the damaged pulp, the dentist suggests a root canal treatment.
- If we do not adhere to the endodontics suggestion, then there is a chance that the infection may get spread.
What are the advantages of having root canal treatment?
- Pain-free procedure: Root canal treatment is less painful when compared to natural tooth extraction. During root canal treatment, anesthesia is given to the patients to make patients numb until the therapy is going on. In this way, we can save the patients from severe pain of tooth extraction.
- Affordable: It is economical, especially for those who are looking for dental implant surgery. Root canal treatment is quite affordable than dental implant surgery.
- Saves your teeth: The root canal treatment saves your teeth from getting extracted, fixes the teeth, and safeguards your teeth by cleaning them.
- Stops the spread of infection to other teeth: Once you have undergone the root canal treatment, it removes the germs spreading bacteria permanently.
What are the disadvantages of having Root Canal Treatment?
- Damage to the enamel: Root canal treatment can cause enamel to lose if not performed carefully.
- Tooth becomes breakable: After the root canal treatment, the teeth become fragile as it is not connected to the roots now and cannot obtain any nutrition naturally from the body which makes more prone to getting a break.
- Root canal treatment can be costly: Root canal treatment is quite expensive when compared to the cost of the tooth getting extracted.
These are some listed advantages and disadvantages of having root canal treatment in general practice.
What is the cost of the Root canal treatment?
The average cost of root canal treatment is around Rs.6000 to 8000 per tooth but, the price varies from place to place and country to country and quality to quality. For example. The root canal treatment cost in Chennai may not be the same as in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkatta, Hyderabad Bangalore, Bhopal, or Ahmedabad.
Frequently Asked Questions (Root Canal Treatment and its cost)
- How long does the Root Canal Treatment Procedure take?
According to a study, it takes less than one hour for a single task, and multiple tasks take less than two hours.
- Is the Root Canal Treatment safe to go on?
Yes, root canal treatment is safe and effective on our teeth if you follow the appropriate guidelines and procedure.
- Would extraction be a better alternative when compared to Root Canal Treatment?
Root canal treatment is the best alternative to the tooth extraction procedure but, if the tooth is very poor and sometimes due to financial issues, then root canal treatment is the best option.
- What happens after the root canal treatment?
After the Root Canal Treatment, the dentist will receive a report of your treatment, and you have to call up the dentist for the restoration that you may need according to your treatment and the dentist will suggest you according to that.
- What is the cost of the root canal treatment?
The average cost of the root canal treatment is around Rs.6000 to Rs. 8000 per single tooth. The rate may vary from area to area and also its quality, as mentioned before.
- How many dental visits do I need to complete my Root Canal Treatment?
Usually, the minimum visiting hours after the root canal treatment is about 1 to 2 visits, but it can also take some more time depending on the type of case.
- Is the cost of the root canal treatment higher than tooth extraction?
The root canal treatment is more expensive when compared to tooth extraction.
- Who performs Root Canal?
The dentist or endodontist performs the Root canal treatment. The root canal treatment gets over at one or two visits.
So how was the article about root canal treatment and its cost? Did you find valuable information in this post? Kindly tell us your view about Root Canal Treatment in Comment section bellow.
And if you are looking for best dental clinic in Chennai for your Root Canal Treatment, You must once check with DrSmilez Dental Clinic.
Hope this article was helpful, and comment us in the comment section bellow and share your suggestion and/or question.
Your feedback keeps us motivated. We will meet you with the next article, till that bye-bye, see you.