Prince of Wales has tested positive for the Coronavirus the clearance house has announced.
A spokesman said 71-years-old Prince Charles was showing sign mild symptoms. ” But otherwise, their health is fine.” The 71-year-old Duchess of Cornwall has been tested but does not contain the virus, he added.
Charles and Camilla are now self -isolating at Balmoral.
Buckingham Palace said that Queen has last seen her son’s heir on March 12, but her ”condition was fine.”
The palace added that the Duke of Edinburgh was not present at that meeting and that the Queen now ”adheres to all reasonable advice regarding her welfare”.
The clearance house statement states, ”according to official and medical advice, the Prince and the duchess are separated from their home in Scotland.
”The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire, where they met the criteria required for testing.
”It is not possible to find out that in recent weeks the Prince was infected by the high number of engagements he performed in his public role”.
The results came out Tuesday night, showing he was positive.
”Charles is still working, ready and in good spirits.
The 71-years-old heir to the throne was last seen briefly on March 12, Mother and son had a long relationship with the Commonwealth Day Service three days ago.
It is important to re-emphasize that the Queen’s health is good. She moved to Windsor last week, with the Duke of Edinburgh who came from his usual residence at Sandringham in Norfolk.
Given their age, 93 and 98 respectively, there will be particular care taken that they are not jeopardized by this virus
The Prince’s last public engagement was March 12, when he attended a dinner in aid of the Australian bushfire relief and recovery effort.
However’ Charles has also been working from home over the last few days and has held a number of private meetings with Highgrove and Duchy of Cornwall individuals, all of whom have been made aware us