Want to know the eligibility criteria for PMJAY scheme? India’s most prominent government scheme is the Ayushman Bharat Yojana. It is also known by the name the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
The government scheme helps the people of the weaker section of society who require healthcare facilities. When this scheme was started, it was known by the name national health protection scheme, which is later renamed the Pradhan mantra Jan Arogya Yojana.
By giving healthcare services under this government health insurance scheme, they make the country economically developed. The coverage of this scheme has covered the pre- and post-hospitalization expenses.
If you want to get complete information on the benefits of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana, then read the article tills it ends.
Eligibility criteria for rural and urban people under the PMJAY scheme
The main aim of the PMJAY scheme is to offer healthcare facilities to ten crore families, and most families belong to the poor and the middle-level income category. The benefits of this scheme are further divided into smaller units, which means rural and urban people. Let us tell you about the eligibility criteria of the PMJAY scheme for rural and urban people.
1.PMJAY scheme for rural
- The benefits of the PMJAY scheme are only availed by the people living in the scheduled caste and the organized tribe area.
- Families have no male members.
- Families with no individual between the age of 16 to 59 years
- Primitive tribal communities
- Families living in the one makeshift rooms
- Legally released bonded laborers
- Manual scavenger families
- Landless households who are living are dependent on working casual manual laborers.
2.PMJAY scheme for urban
- Chowkidar and washerman’s
- Transport workers such as conductors, drivers, cart pullers, and helpers
- Handicraft workers, home-based artisans, and tailors
- The people who are involved in Domestic help are also eligible for the PMJAY scheme.
- Hawkers, cobblers, and other streets and pavement services providers, that type of people is eligible to get the benefits from the government PMJAY scheme.
- Those people who can get the benefits from the PMJAY scheme in the urban areas are Peons, assistants in the small establishments, servers, delivery boys, shopkeepers etc.
- Mechanics, electricians, and repair workers
- Gardeners, sweepers, and sanitation workers
The information in this article is mainly focused on the eligibility criteria for the rural as well as the urban people. Once you are eligible under this scheme, you can avail the benefits of this government by using the E-card. Before issuing the E-card, you must know that your identity proof, such as your Aadhar card and the ration card, is verified at the scheme desk.
The process of this scheme involves the verification process, and once certain things are verified, you can avail of the benefits at any point in the future when you require them.