Wearable Technology in Healthcare
The entire healthcare field has been greatly expanding in terms of technology. It is vital for all medical professionals to be informed and up-to-date with the latest health technologies because this is an ever-growing area. The healthcare industry knows the importance of standard equipment such as hospital beds and an IV stand. But wearable technology, within healthcare, is referring to medical devices which offer many benefits to the consumer or a patient.
Wearable technology in healthcare has the ability to collect the data of the user. It has the ability to send the needed health information to other healthcare professionals. This is done on a real-time basis. Wearable technology has proven to be very valuable in the medical field and the demand for this has been projected to increase within the next few years. More consumers have shown an interest in wearable data. They would like to share their wearable data with their insurers and with their providers. Wearable technology allows consumers to take control of their own health.
2021: Wearable Health Technologies
Wearable health technologies are playing a vital role in the healthcare field. It ought to be noted that new technologies do not take away from the standard role of a trained physician and the various other components that lead the consumer toward their health goals. Exercise will always play a vital role in the healthcare area. Health technologies and wearables are enhancing this field in extraordinary ways. The following wearables are benefitting patients every day:
- Fitness trackers (wearable) – this is uncomplicated and simple to use wearable technology used for health purposes. This fitness tracker comes with a wristband and it is equipped with sensors. The sensors will keep track of the physical activity and will monitor the heart and activity rate of the user. This wearable will give the wearer fitness and health recommendations. This is done by syncing to smartphone apps
- Smart health watches – smartwatches are now viewed as practical healthcare tools. Heart rhythms can be monitored and if a person is having atrial fibrillation this health watch can notify and alert
- ECG monitors – the wearable ECG monitor are cutting edge electrons within healthcare. They have the ability to measure electrocardiograms. The HRV data will assist in determining the best medical action to take
- Bood pressure monitors; the wearable blood pressure monitor appears to be an average smartwatch. It has the ability to monitor blood pressure and measure it during routine activity. It will keep track of calories burned and traveled distance traveled
- Biosensors – this is a self-adhesive patch. It will let a patient move around as data is collected on their movement. This includes respiratory rate, temperature, and heart rate
Wearable Trends in 2021
There are some trends in 2021 for wearable technology that can enhance health. The health technologies include built-in thermometers which will keep track of any rise within the temperature in the body. Wearable devices are shifting in terms of the way a device interfaces with systems (biological). Health technologies are only gaining in innovation and popularity because they greatly improve the medical experience. They offer the following benefits:
- lower medical costs
- easy access and availability to information
- easy adaption to smartphones
- accuracy with information
- medical feedback about the status of their health
There has been an increased need for updated smart sensors in healthcare. The entire healthcare industry does hold a dominant share within the market of wearable health sensors. The wearable devices do play a vital role within healthcare analytics. The collected data can be analyzed and is then used to provide a diagnosis to a patient.
Health Technologies and an Abundance of Benefits
Modern wearable technologies are offering an abundance of benefits and will only get better. The obtained patent data can be monitored on a long-term basis. Technology has provided medical professionals with a clearer view of the medical issues of their patients. The wearables are beneficial because they provide feedback instantly. This includes patients who have been diagnosed with the following:
- panic disorders
- medical health and mental health