To keep your home beautiful, it has to be clean. There are a variety of cleaning products – from soap and detergents to stain and odour removers – that are absolute necessities for the daily upkeep of your home.
There are areas, however, that need more vigorous cleaning. We are talking about mould, mildew, algae, smoke, soot, paint marks, and graffiti that are difficult to remove permanently. Thankfully, there is a solution – pressure washing services.
Pressure washing uses high-pressure water sprays to remove stains and debris in hard-to-reach areas effortlessly. They are usually used to clean the gutters, patios, roofs, driveways, walls, and roofs of most homes.
Why Do You Need To Pressure Wash Your Home?
If you have the time, you can do the pressure washing yourself. However, professionals will do a better job in a fraction of the time.
Here are situations wherein you should consider pressure washing services.
- If the presence of mildew and mould is worsening: Both grow in damp and humid areas, usually in bathrooms. They emit an unpleasant musty odour and look like dirt. While the mildew fungus is white, moulds are black or green areas in crevices.
- If you are repainting: Before you start repainting, remove all dirt, mould, and mildew first.
- If your house looks filthy: In extreme cases, dust storms and dirt from nearby constructions darken the home’s walls. Pressure washing will make your home look like new.
- If you are want to improve the market value of your home: The National Association of Realtors recommends pressure washing the exterior of houses to improve its curb appeal and, as a result, increase its selling price. So, if you are planning to sell, get your home pressure-washed.
- If you want to save on maintenance costs: By addressing decay as early as possible, you will avoid high maintenance costs.
- If you want to keep your family safe: Pressure washing will protect your family from potential health issues. For instance, mildew and moulds cause allergies, headaches, as well as eye and throat irritation in some people.
A greasy driveway or patio can cause slipping accidents.
What Are The Results of Pressure Washing?
With the help of specialized cleaning solutions, pressure washing services successfully removes the following:
- Mould, mildew, and algae
- Smoke and soot
- Loose paint
- Dirt and mud
- Chewing gum
- Automotive fluids
- Cooking oil
There is no recommended number of times to pressure wash your home. Instead, it depends on necessity. Therefore, conduct regular Inspections of your siding, roof, driveway, pool area, bathrooms, fence, and patio.
Should We Expect Pressure Washing Services to be Costly?
Most pressure washing services will personally visit your home to measure the affected areas. Their fees will depend on the square footage. Some, however, charge flat rates, per-hour rates, or project rates.
Chemical cleaning solutions are additional costs. The price also depends on the use of either cold or hot water. Hot pressure washers are suitable for oily and greasy areas.
Look for companies that use biodegradable detergents and soaps. Read testimonials and photographs showing the results of their pressure washing. They should comply with the occupational health and safety (OH&S) programs, now known as Workplace Health and Safety (WHS).
Pressure washing services are the perfect solution to keeping your home attractive and healthy. Look for a company that will limit home disruption by working around your family’s schedule.