A savory soup recipe is the best thing that can adorn the taste of a meal. These kinds of soups can add to your meal to fulfill your cravings whether you are a vegan or not. It is recommended to try out this delicious-Paula Deen potato soup recipe today. So why wait? It would be best if you only made this heavenly crockpot Paula Deen potato soup full of mouth-watering flavors and toppings.
The veggies or the bacon layer added to the creamy baked potato soup guarantees to fulfill your appetite to the peak. Let’s now enlist the required ingredients and go into the process of making this delicious Paula Deen Potato soup recipe.
Table of Contents
The tasty favourable Paula Deen Potato soup
The Paula Deen Potato Soup is best preferred in chilly cool weather. It only takes 10 minutes to prepare this tasty soup.
It’s as simple as adding all the components to a crockpot available in any kitchen. This recipe is the best for making your body, mind, and soul feel the delight to console your soul. You can just make these delightful, easy dishes that give an instant positive sensation of satisfaction in your body.
Few tips and tricks to make your Paula Deen potato soup a great hit.
- Adding broccoli to the soup adds an excellent flavor.
- Addition of a few ingredients makes the soup taste really good. You can use the frozen hash brown potatoes. You can include Russet or Yukon gold potatoes.
- Before removing the skin, you need to scrub the potatoes by using a vegetable brush. You need to remove the sprouts and eyes of the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- If you have many potatoes to clean, then put them in a bowl of water after peeling them. This will prevent them from becoming brown.
- Cut the potatoes into ¾ inches uniformly. This will ensure that the potatoes will cook evenly.
- The potatoes should not be too soft.
- If the soup is too thick, you can dilute it by adding extra broth or milk. You can keep adding until you reach the consistency you prefer.
- If you need more of a creamy consistency, then add cream. If you want the PaulaDeen potato soup a little thicker, just make a roux. Heat a few tablespoons of butter in a pan over low heat, whisk it well, and put it in the mixture.
- You can even add some potato flakes into it and mix well.
- You can add bacon which makes the soup tender and lumpy. To avoid the lumps, you can just top the soup generously with bacon bits before serving. This will ensure that you get smoky, crispy bacon in each bite.
The Paula Deen Potato soup Recipe
This particular Paula Deen Potato Soup serves 6 people. And the preparation time is only 10 minutes, but the cooking time is approximately 6 hours.
The calories contained are over 200 kcal.
- 1 (30 oz) bag frozen hash-brown potatoes
- 2 (14 oz) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/3 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (softened)
- Garnish: minced green onion, Cheddar, shredded, and bacon
Directions to make this recipe
- Add frozen hash browns, chicken broth, chicken soup, cream, chopped onions, and ground black pepper to a crockpot.
- Then, cover the pot, lower the flame, and cook for about 5 hours.
- Take about 8Oz of softened cream cheese and cook for 30 minutes till all the contents get mixed.
- You can add shredded cheddar cheese and bacon strips along with green onion pieces for additional flavor.
Make it more interesting:
- Add herbs and spices like garlic, leeks, parsley, and tarragon.
- Add celery and carrots for decorating the soup and give it a proper presentation. The puree of the potatoes in a blender can be prepared beforehand so that the soup becomes smoother.
- In case you add chunkiness to the Paula Deen Potato soup, then make a puree of the ½ of the best potatoes when you put them in the crockpot.
- Make your soup more pleasant by infusing it with ancho chili powder.
- The Paula Deen Potato soup can be stored in the freezer. You can store it into muffin tins as well. It is easier to thaw and reheat quickly if you store it this way. This makes it easier to serve single servings also.
About Paula Deen
Paula Deen is known for her Southern cooking. She always fries using starch in her wonderful recipes. Her cooking journey began from her interest and then turned into a great catering to a commercial enterprise in 1989. Since then, Deen started to share her recipes and love for cooking through various cookbooks and share her personal meals line – ‘Paula Deen Foods.’ She didn’t stop there. She released her podcast and radio show. Since then, she has done numerous tv programs.
She was diagnosed with diabetes after 2012 amid her busy cooking shows and writing cookbooks. So, she had to visit the physician and start dieting to maintain good health. Nonetheless, she became lean in a few months, and then her eating regimen slowly became her adapted lifestyle. Nonetheless, diet was also followed and highly taken inspiration as she has many fans all over the country.
The hash browns of the potatoes are added to each of the smooth potato soups and can be made at your own ease. One of its best parts is very little time and minimum effort to enjoy the maximum. You can once try out this handiest recipe with simple ingredients. The tips and tricks by Paula Deen give the soup an additional tinge of taste.