Baking a cake by pouring all our love into it (obviously other than quality ingredients) has been every baker soul’s happy place. Whether to experiment with our baking skills or to pamper our loved one’s with a baked pound of happiness, nothing beats the power or the magic of a homemade cake. To speak of baking, we have to mention that there are widely two types of cakes one is butter based and other is foam based. The butter-based cakes are also known as shortened cakes as they are made with butter or oil and shortening as a technique is used while baking these cakes. Whereas foam cakes have little or no fatty content in them and usually involves the usage of whipped eggs which tends to make them lighter or airier. Over this space, we have mentioned some of our favourite cakes that are sure to enhance your baking skills. Keep scrolling to find out more!
- Pound Cake – As clear as it sounds, this cake is made by using a pound of most of its ingredients like flour, butter, and sugar. This cake doesn’t seem to be much voluminous as compared to the other ones. But its texture is very dense. You can easily bake this beauty in your loaf or Bundt pan.
- Red Velvet Cake – Soaring the desirability quotient, a red velvet cake is made from the reaction of buttermilk and cocoa powder. It is often said to be the epitome of love. Traditionally the red colour was produced by beetroots, but nowadays red food colour has replaced its usage. A modern touch has been given to the traditional red velvet cake by turning its colour to pink with the usage of a fresh raspberry mix.
- Carrot Cake – This shortened cake is leavened with baking soda and baking powder. The addition of shredded carrot gives this cake its much-needed moistness. This cake is flavoured with some spices and frosted with some cream cheese.
- Sponge Cake – A traditional foam-based cake which requires no artificial leaveners is simply just the best! The whipped eggs used while baking this kind of cake is what gives it a nice volume. A sponge cake loves getting it soaked in some flavoured syrup, layered with some whipped cream and topped up with some fresh berries.
- Angel Food Cake – Angel food cake is indeed an angel when it comes to baking them as these cakes only require whipped egg whites for leavening and has no additional fat requirement. Though it requires a special kind of pan to bake it, the pan is easily found at your nearest baking essential store. The pan is said to help the cake cool down quicker and maintain the airy texture.
- Flourless Cake – You can absolutely think of making this kind of cake with the baked way i.e the cheesecake or flourless chocolate kind or unbaked way i.e like mousse or unbaked cheesecake way. Flourless cakes are very rich and sometimes may or may not have a bottom crumb crust.
- Upside Down Cake – Traditionally seen to be made with pineapple, but it can now be made using any seasonal fruits like plums, peaches, blueberries, or pears, this is one of the must-try cakes for every enthusiastic baker soul. The toppings are spread on the bottom of such cakes but when it is served it is served upside down, hence its name.
So, these were some of our favourite kind of cakes. You can order these popular cakes from any reputed bakery like Bakingo that offers online cake delivery in Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, and many other Indian cities. But we would personally request you to try a shot at baking these cakes, it would really be a great baking expedition for you.